Monday, February 15, 2010

WOMAN 56 WEDS MAN 25 ON LOVERS' DAY

·



By Ally Jamah and Njoki Chege
The Standard

It was a special Valentine’s Day for Paul Muli, 25, who tied the knot to multi-millionaire real estate tycoon Ruth Wanjiru, 31 years his senior.

The couple formalised their three-year relationship in a lavish ceremony in Rock City Hotel in the presence of 250 invited guests, including Wanjiru’s son, 34 and daughter, 23.

They wedded on the poolside surrounded by lush gardens.

Paul, 25, and Ruth Muli, 56, during their wedding at the Rock City Hotel in Nairobi, on Sunday. Photo: Mbugua Kibera /Standard


"I love my new husband very much and I am so happy that God has answered my prayers after waiting for so long," gushed the bride.

She planted a generous kiss on Mr Muli’s cheeks as guests broke into spontaneous applause.

Muli appeared in high spirits as he said "I do" to the love of his heart.

"This is the best Valentine’s Day I have celebrated and I am just on top of the world to have Ruth by my side. I love her so much," said Muli.

Daughter a maid

Interestingly, Wanjiru’s daughter, Sarah, was one of the bridesmaids and even took several photos with the couple. She appeared happy.

"I am also very happy for my mom now has a husband to comfort and keep her company. I think they make a very nice couple," she said.

Muli’s mother, Hellen, approved her son’s move, saying she believed the couple was sincerely in love.

"The age difference between the two doesn’t matter. I have faith that they will live together," she said.

The bridegroom runs several businesses in Nairobi, including a printing firm as well as an agency to recruit models for television advertising.

The wedding ceremony was conducted in line with Kikuyu customs, after which an official from the Attorney General’s Chambers conducted the official wedding and issued a certificate to the couple.

Asked about their honeymoon plans, Muli remained silent, saying he wanted to keep it as surprise to his new wife.

0 comments: